This Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection relates to the National Occupational Standards for Health and Social Care.
The Level 2 Award in the Prevention and Control of Infection is designed to provide:
- Education and training for those in the health and social care sector with a responsibility to provide direct and non-direct care services.
- Opportunities for workers in the health and social care sector to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 vocationally-specific qualification.
- The knowledge, understanding and skills learners need to prevent and control infections.
This is a distant learning pack with tutor support designed to last between 2 â€“ 12 weeks. Tutor delivery and feedback sessions are booked on a regular basis.
A range of subjects are covered that will equip delegates to:
- Understand Legislation,
- Policies, and Roles and Responsibilities
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Standard Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Sharps Management
- Blood and Bodily fluid spillages
- Waste Management
- Decontamination of Equipment
- Specimen Collection
- Urinary Catheter Car
- Viral Gastroenteritis/Norovirus, Clostridium Difficile, MRSA, MRGNB
A Level 3national qualification will be issued to the learner, subject to successfully completing the test paper.Workbook completion and on-going assessment by the instructor, culminating with a written test.
This qualification does not expire, but refresher training and keeping up to date with changes to policies and procedures is vital to keep the qualification current.
No maximum. Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
We are able to deliver this course on your site, subject to a pre-course assessment of your premises, reducing your costs in respect of additional time out and travelling. For individual course places please see our Course Finder facility, or for group bookings, please contact us for an On-Site Training quote.